Thursday, August 23, 2007

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are?


I ran across this quote today,I think it was by Carl Yastrzemski, and it kind of got me thinking. The other day a friend asked me if it was weird when my kids were born. I told her that it's more weird now that they're eight. I don't really feel old enough to be the father of eight year old twins. I don't know if that makes sense or not, but it's how I feel.
On the running front, I suppose everyone has seen the results from Leadville last weekend. Greg Burger did the Winfield 50, which I think has a nice ring to it and that Ol' Krupicka fellow proved that last year was no flash in the pan. Personally, I'd like to see Jurek do Leadville.
We went to Barley's last night as sort of a farewell dinner for Ben and Allison. They left for Colorado today. Group run at Wyco tonight then the Chiefs game. Hopefully we get some rain soon. They're calling for it tomorrow. Think about that quote.