Sunday, February 15, 2009

Psycho Wyco and no Leadville 100








I recieved my rejection letter for the Leadville 100 mountain bike in the mail last week. There is a lottery to get in and I didn't make it. Bummer.
My Psycho Wyco 50k finish streak ended at three. I opted for just the 10 mile version this year. That turned out to be a good thing because after being sick all week, one loop was about all I had in me. Jackson ran the 10 miler again this year too. He finished around 2:45 ish. Pretty good for a 9 year old. To see how this event has grown and matured these past five years is just amazing. The KC Trail Nerds are an awesome group. We have kickass sponsors and volunteers. Thanks Everyone! I think I might have to start a new 50k streak next year. I'm still trying to decide if I should keep my PsychoStache until then.

5 comments:

west birch said...

Always good to listen to your body. Great work anyway, Shane. 10 miles is plenty when you're not feeling well.

I'll go with you next year in the 50K! I envy you for living so close to the trail.

Unknown said...

Too cool to see Jackson running the 10 miler. As for Leadville, there is always the run and for that there is no lottery.

Sam McCord said...

Leadville is lame anyways.

Andy Emerson said...

Found your blog from your comment. I really appreciate the high quality event that your group put on. It was just what I needed to help prepare me for an upcoming race next month.

Brett said...

Shane, Thanks for all the stuff you and your family do that make if fun to be a Nerd. (Trail Nerd that is)