Friday, April 6, 2007

Brew2Brew part 2


Last weekend I crewed at Brew to Brew for my brother Cody, who was doing it solo. I thought he did pretty well considering his training program has been pretty mellow since Psycho Wyco. He ran the first half of the race with Gabe. He struggled a little in the middle of the race, but he recovered and finished in 7:56 for 15th place out of 39 male finishers. I ended up running part of leg 7 and legs 9 & 10 with him. Gabe ran strong. Jacque Jackson ran strong too-she won the female solo. I looked for Markos out on the course. He ran the Olathe marathon the day before and was attempting a solo brew2brew. I found out later he dropped midway through-I can't say I blame him. It turned out to be a pretty fun day. Cody's friend Keith (mine too I guess) came out to Lawrence after the race. We chowed down and had a few beers at Free State Brewery afterwards. They do need to cap the race next year though, there were just too many cars and people (www.brewtobrew.com). On the way home traffic was moving pretty fast. I'd say I averaged about 95. At the toll booth on I-70 I raced a rice burner(fartpipe racer) honda. I got the ol' Ford freestyle up to 115 mph before we got into traffic. Yes, I won! I'm sitting out Rockin K with a bum foot. I have gout...again! I'm pretty disappointed. I really felt like I was ready to run a good race out there.

1 comment:

Bob - BlogMYruns.com said...

Hey Shane Just stopping bye...

I checked out that U-tube tributo al grupo B Geesh that was Sick!! All those Peeps just inches away from the car screaming along...wow

Ciao,

Bob